Team Lead- Capital Markets
Hi, nice to meet you I'm James, a few facts about me...
- Coffee addict.
- Ibiza legend.
- My favourite joke: The shovel was a groundbreaking invention!
I lead the Financial Services EMEA division at HB and we deliver recruitment solutions to pioneering firms in low latency trading networks, financial exchanges, and fintech infrastructure, we have HQ offices in London, NYC & Austin, and satellite offices across the world.
My team oversee a global team that services Market Makers, Proprietary Trading Firms, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital, and Private Equity companies.
We are located in London, Austin, TX and Kuala Lumpur which allows us to run a "follow the sun" cycle for our clients which in turn gives them instant access to top talent in the market 24 hours a day.
Our areas of expertise are the following:
- Low Latency / ULL Network Engineers
- Network Security Engineers
- Network Architects
- DevOps & Site Reliability Engineers
- FPGA Engineers
- Data Center Engineers
- Trader Support Engineers
- Desktop Support Engineer
- End User Support Engineers
- Tower Technicians - (Radio Frequency (RF) / Wireless
Some of the success stories so far:
- Globally placed 30 engineers across networks, data centres and systems for a global low latency MSP, filling 83% of roles within a 2-year period, the demand was driven by their customers needing ultra-low latency extranet connectivity.
- Assisted one of the UK’s largest banks who were taken their infrastructure back from their current MSP, we assisted by placing 12 network engineers ranging from networks, security SD WAN & UC.
- We helped a scale up Singapore based trading platform provider that needed ultra-low latency connectivity to all the biggest exchange around the world, we placed 9 network automation, platform, and site reliability engineers in 2months to assist global connectivity.
- 30 year established high frequency trading firm were expanding their presence in London and expanding into new markets such as crypto, we assisted over a 3 month period by supplying 8 network, desktop and cloud engineers contributing 23% of their global infrastructure team.
- Global machine learning trading firm were seeking a network automation engineer for 9 months and had several agencies working the role, we placed this person in 6 weeks after identifying the skillset and going to the network we have build of passive candidates.
- We assisted one of the world’s biggest MSP’s that had won a recent contract to manage data centre servers for a global investment bank, we placed 15 data centre engineers to date.
If you are actively seeking specialist hires for your business or looking for a new and exciting opportunity, then please contact me.