Ever dreamt of being at the forefront of cutting-edge network technology?
You'll have the opportunity to join as a Network Field Technician in Dallas, working on the installation and turn-up of advanced DWDM and MPLS networks.
With a competitive salary range of $65,000 - $85,000, this role offers a chance to be a key player in their network deployment team.
- Be at the heart of the action, performing site surveys and characterizing fiber optics to ensure top-notch network installations.
- Showcase your expertise in deploying optical networks, including DWDM, Carrier Ethernet, and IP/MPLS, adhering to Telcordia GR-1275 standards.
- Travel extensively to deploy, troubleshoot, and test optical networks, adapting quickly to changes in project scope and responsibility.
This position involves 75% field installation with nationwide travel, taking you to data centers, internet exchanges, telco central offices, and more.
If you're interested in this opportunity, apply here!
- The Network Field technician will work under the direction of engineering staff & management to install and turn-up networks in their network factory and the field on customer premises
- Key responsibilities include installing DWDM and MPLS networks to Telcordia GR-1275 standard (Telco Central Office), network provisioning, as-built documentation, and interfacing with customers’ engineering staff on site
Experience & Skills
- Extensive experience installing networks to the highest quality standards
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Visio (engineering graphing tool)
- Ability to understand edit technical documents
- Detail-oriented – projects often contain dozens of critical items that need to be cross-referenced & validated
- Thoroughness and attention to detail is a critical job function
- Aptitude for understanding the critical elements that go into the installation, testing, and documentation of a “five nines” reliable optical network and managing individual work to these critical reliability standards
- Capability to effectively learn and apply new and evolving networking technologies through on-the-job training, industry classes, and industry certifications
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Train and mentor Associate Field Technicians