Would you like to play a crucial role in maintaining and expanding a cutting-edge Fiber To The Home (FTTH) network?
You'll have the opportunity to join a dynamic team as an FTTH Network Technician contributing to the maintenance and repair of the entire fiber network. This role comes with a competitive salary range of $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Perform daily support and maintenance of the FTTH network, including aerial and buried fiber networks, ISP support, and network electronics troubleshooting.
- Take charge of battery-plant replacement, data center environment support, and assist with construction crew management.
- Install, test, and commission network equipment, ensuring the network's health and customer satisfaction.
If you're interested in this opportunity, apply here!
- Maintaining and repairing all aspects of the fiber network from the OTL cabinet to the passive network devices including any and all PON nodes and their associated power supplies
- Assists with troubleshooting, and is responsible for all maintenance / repair to the network
- Support outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, and optical transport equipment and must have working knowledge of structured cabling
Experience & Skills
- Self-starter / can operate independently and make sound decisions as it relates to support of customers and network
- Understanding of networking and equipment as well as network architecture and topologies
- Must be able to understand, read, and interpret construction documents – (network diagrams / as-builts)
- Experience / knowledge / background in use of OTDR – critical skill
- Understanding of all facets of OSP, including construction methods, materials used, and how to diagnose network outages
- Familiarity with MS Suite, QGIS, and Google Earth
- Able to maintain a customer and network health focus
- Some local travel will be required
- Possess a valid / unrestricted driver’s license and able to pass driving record background check
- Support site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified
- Meet response and repair intervals
- $65,000 - $75,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance