Are you a seasoned Systems Architect looking for a dynamic opportunity in the ever-evolving field of IT infrastructure?
We are partnered with a leading player in data solutions, which is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Systems Architect. This remote position offers the flexibility to work from the comfort of your home while being a vital part of the Greater Chicagoland team.
You will be joining a business that prides itself on delivering cutting-edge IT solutions tailored to clients' unique needs. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, and have established themselves as industry leaders in providing comprehensive data solutions.
As a Systems Architect at Storcom, you will play a key role in advancing our clients' IT infrastructure. This position is remote, but candidates must be based in the Greater Chicagoland area due to the necessity for travel to data centers and customer sites. We are seeking individuals highly specialized in one or more phases of software systems development, systems integration, hardware, and storage.
- Provides technical assistance and advice on complex activities such as:
- Installation, configuration, repair, and maintenance
- Allocation of storage requests support
- Deployment, configuration, and backup/restore services for all servers, physical or virtual
- Provide capacity planning, installation, configuration, problem resolution, and Tier 3 support of all servers, hosts, and supporting applications.
- Assist in agent configuration and troubleshooting.
- Formulates/defines specifications, develops/modifies/maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems.
- Applies analytical techniques when gathering information from users, defining work problems, designing technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve the problems.
- Develops complete specifications to enable computer programmers to prepare required programs.
- Analyzes methods of approach.
- Reviews task proposal requirements, gathers information, analyzes data, prepares project synopses, compares alternatives, prepares specifications, resolves processing problems, coordinates work with programmers and engineers, and orients users to new systems.
- Works with considerable freedom to make decisions on the techniques and approaches to be used.
- Prepares recommendations for system improvement for management and user consideration.
- Bachelor's with 2-5 years (or commensurate experience).
- Full knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job and its application.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness and overall accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Extensive VMware Virtualization Experience, including:
- Designing, implementing, and managing a VMware environment
- Datacenter cluster(s) managed by vCenter
- Current VMware certification (minimally, Data Center Virtualization and/or Cloud)
- Demonstrated effective project management experience (managing multiple projects along with day-to-day system administration).
- Red Hat Linux System Administration skills.
- Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012) and Active Directory.
- PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Network knowledge, skills, and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center.
- Database Administration Skills (Preferred: MS SQL and Linux SQL).